Worship at first Presbyterian Church
The purpose of First Presbyterian Church is to provide rich experiences of the worship of God the Father in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit. We strive to be faithful to Reformed tradition as we encounter it in our denomination the PC(USA). We welcome and encourage personal expressions of faith as guided by the Spirit and illuminated by the Bible.
In all manner of ways we proclaim and acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and Head of the Church. To that end, we are informed by the Spirit through Scripture, the highest authority of our faith. In addition, we adhere to confessions and creeds common to the ecumenical, Reformed and Presbyterian traditions.
On the first Sunday of every month we celebrate the Lord's Supper in the sanctuary. After worship, officers of the church bring communion to members not able to attend Sunday service.
Sundays at First Presbyterian Church
We are currently providing in-person and online worship only via livestreaming on our Facebook page.
When we are able to gather again in person ...
- 9:00 - Breakfast fellowhip in our Fellowship Hall. Please enter via the King Street entrance.
- Music time for children, led by Edna Broadhurst, Director of Music Ministries.
- Adult Sunday School - Traditionally, this group studies The Present Word curriculum, a biblically based exploration of specific themes through scripture.
- 9:40 - Children's Sunday School
- 10:30 - Worship with post-worship fellowship immediately following in our couryard or courtyard foyer depending on the weather.