Worship at First Presbyterian Church
The purpose of First Presbyterian Church is to provide rich experiences of the worship of God the Father in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit. We strive to be faithful to Reformed tradition as we encounter it in our denomination the PC(USA). We welcome and encourage personal expressions of faith as guided by the Spirit and illuminated by the Bible.
In all manner of ways we proclaim and acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and Head of the Church. To that end, we are informed by the Spirit through Scripture, the highest authority of our faith. In addition, we adhere to confessions and creeds common to the ecumenical, Reformed and Presbyterian traditions.
On the first Sunday of every month we celebrate the Lord's Supper in the sanctuary. After worship, officers of the church bring communion to members not able to attend Sunday service.
Sundays at First Presbyterian Church
- 9:00 Breakfast fellowship in our Fellowship Hall. Please enter via the King Street entrance.
- 9:20 Music time for children, led by our Director of Music Ministries, Ms. Edna Broadhurst.
- 9:30 Sunday School for adults. Traditionally, this group studies The Present Word curriculum, a biblically based exploration of specific themes through scripture.
- 9:40 Sunday School for children.
- 10:30 Worship with a post-worship fellowship immediately following in our courtyard or courtyard foyer depending on the weather.