Church Schedule Update - 6/21/2020
On Sunday, June 28, you are invited to gather together for a 35 - 40 minute worship service at the church. What will worship look like on 6/28?
- Services will include call to worship, music, scripture, prayer, message and benediction
- Attendees will be personally welcomed & asked to use a clearly marked entrance and exit. Restrooms will not be available until further notice.
- Face coverings will be required and be available (along with hand sanitizer & tissues).
- All attendees will be ushered to their seats which have been located for health safety.
- Bulletins will include liturgy & scripture lessons.
- All Bibles & hymnals have been removed from the Sanctuary.
- There will be no in-person pre or post worship fellowship time for the time being.
- The church will not be able to offer Sunday School or childcare at this time.
- Worship will include special music only (soloists or instrumentalist) without the choir.
In the mean time…
If you find it difficult to view First Presbyterian Church’s online services, please contact the church.The are numerous ways that the church may be helpful in providing services for your viewing.
How should we respond to the virus?
We should trust. We're not in control. Neither is the virus. God alone, supervises this world and its circumstances. We can each be a non- anxious presence in the world.
First Presbyterian Church provides rich experiences of the worship of God the Father in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit. We strive to be faithful to Reformed tradition as we encounter it in our denomination, the PC(USA). We welcome and encourage personal expressions of faith as guided by the Spirit and illuminated by the Bible.
In all manner of ways, we proclaim and acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and Head of the Church. To that end, we are informed by the Spirit through Scripture, the highest authority of our faith. In addition, we adhere to confessions and creeds common to the ecumenical, Reformed and Presbyterian traditions.